Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Greatest Feeling

I had a really wonderful audition tonight, the kind that leaves you feeling lighter than air and freer than the wind. It was a fun little script and the auditioners were open, friendly and clearly pumped about the project too. Chris had helped me prepare at home, reading, discussing the character and playing around with choices.  This extra outside work really paid off, both in the output and from my inner experience.

I read my sides once, got a few notes, read again, and then did an improv version. Being relaxed and focused allowed me to really listen and play with the role. Then they asked me to read for the lead character, and said I could play around with her quirky-ness. What fun - I think I'm naturally pretty quirky, and often feel like I have to keep this quality in check when playing straighter characters, so this was a great opportunity to really go all out. And that I tried to do.

They gave me some positive feedback, and I left the room swiftly and confidently, and saved my little heel snaps for once I was out on the street. I felt back on track. After some wandering and wondering, and a few mediocre auditions in a row, I feel back in the game. Now to tomorrrow's sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment