Sunday, April 11, 2010

Not all, but Something

It feels like I've been creeping toward progress lately, picking at projects here and there, but crossing none off my list. A few boxes are unpacked, and while I finally found my stilettos, I have yet to locate the kitchen knives. Wedding planning is creeping forward, but as soon as I finalize something I realize there is a whole list of other things I didn't even know needed to be done. And after three really good days of working out and eating well in a row, I was side-railed by craft services (can you say peanut m&m's?)

A highlight of this week, however, has been working on a master's thesis film called The Coffee is Bitter, about a young woman dealing with her impending death and how best to prepare her lover. My friend Zach Brown and I are playing opposite of each other and I feel like we are really doing some good work. The crew is filming on a new red camera that promises some beautiful footage too.

I've also had three commercial auditions this week, and while I haven't heard back from any yet (one was just on Friday), it does indicate the industry is picking up and perhaps good things are on the way. I'm also SO CLOSE to having the right footage for my reel. I mean, so close I am all giddy with excitement. Chris and I have plans to sit down and map out the scheme for it very soon (keep your eyes out for updates!)

It's a lovely end of the week. It's raining outside, but I'm warm inside with the family, watching old episodes of The West Wing - a wonderful way to gear up for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment